Setting up User synchronization (available from v 4.1.2)
Make your own adjustments
The basic definition is included in the SuperOffice Analyze package. Once the package is installed you may go to:
1) System Administration -> System -> Import
2) User synchronization -> Edit -> Settings
3) This dialog allows for many different ways of syncing the users. One rule set is included, but you may create as many as you wish. Press the "Add" button at the bottom of the page to add another rule.
Example configuration of the User Synchronization:
The dialog: Settings
Groups from the source system
All groups are included unless you select one or more groups. All users having primary group membership in the selected groups are included in that rule.
Press the X next to the groups name to remove it.
Business Analyze groups
In the default setting "Create source group in Business Analyze" a group with the same name as in SuperOffice is created in Business Analyze. If the groups from the source system don't exist, they will be created the first time the synchronization is run.
If you choose to assign the users to a preselected group in Business Analyze, you must first create the group. Go to System Administration -> Organization -> Groups. Press the New button.
Here you may select the default desktop.
Business Analyze licenses
All users need Analysis User, Business Analyze framework and
The dialog: Notification
Select which system administrator that shal receive an email notification. More than one may be selected.
Select report types
If Error report is select you will be informed if an error occours.
If Start report is selected you will be informed every time the User synchronization starts.
If End report is select you will be informed every time the User synchronizatino ends.
In a typical production environment End report and Error report is recommended.
Press the Save button to store your settings.
Press the Synchronize now link to initiate the User synchronization.
DataTable Columns available for user sync
Automatic sheduling of the User synchronization (reqires Analyze PRO)
1) Go to System administration -> Analysis Dashboard -> Data Central.
2) Click the Caching tab and check the checkbox to enable caching.
3) Define when and how often you want the User synchronization to occour. The settings in the screenshot above is typical for a production environment - it will execute 0700, 1100 and 1300 hours every business day of the week.
The schedule dialog shown above is flexible and many combinations are possible.
4) Click Save when done.
5) Verify that the excution times are as expected.
Click on execution details to see when the first Synchronization will occour. If no times are displayed it may be because the Business Analyze Data sync service isn't running. Please make sure it's installed and configured correctly. More info