Pie chart titles and ledgends

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
tp5harp
Pie chart titles and ledgends

Hi All,

I have added some pie charts to a report, and I have two questions.

• The titles seems very high up, they are squashed against the parameters, and there seems to be enough space to move them down a bit.  Is this possible?
  • The ledgend seems to be the same for both (and I have tried this for far more appointment types).  Is there a way to show just one ledgend for both charts, so that the charts can be a bit bigger.

Pie Charts

Many thanks,

Trevor

Terje
Terje's picture
Moving the chart title

Hi

To move the chart title up or down, follow my previous example (found here) but change this line of code:

container.find(".highcharts-yaxis-title").attr("y","150");

To:

container.find(".highcharts-title").attr("y","60");

Set the number (here 60) as you see fit.
You can allways style the text it self using some CSS.

Sorry, but two charts can't share legend. But you can for example enable one legend and place it in the middle of the two (left or right side). If you only got one legend close to the two visualizations, people may understand they share the same legend/colors.

tp5harp
Hi Terje,

Hi Terje,

Thank you for this, this moved the titles down just as I needed.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything I can do about the ledgend on the chart.

The two pie charts are actually two values on the same chart, and I can only see one option for Ledgend Position.  If you set this Business Analyze adds the ledgend for both values.

Many thanks,

Trevor

Terje
Terje's picture
Challenge with multiple legends

Hi

Sorry, I misunderstood. The setting for legend is global for all charts in the same visualization.
I did some experimenting where I tried to hide the legend upon rendering the visualization. I managed to hide it, but the space the legend requires was still there. The size of the pie and legend is set deeper into our code, so I can't modify it this late in the rendering of the dashboard. This means that you won't gain much beside removing some "clutter".

This is an interesting issue. I will talk to the guys in R&D and see what we can do about this in a later version of the platform :)